Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?

Reading this at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/It-Just-Everything-Shit-Encyclopedia/dp/0316729531

Highly amusing. And I love that it's alphabetised.

It's got me mad about stuff, like:
  • Why is it now, that every damned tap in every damned bathroom has to look and work differently? I thought the point of modernism was some sort of rationalisation... Some sort of appreciation that the function alone is beautiful and that form was irrelevant without the right respect for function? But no. Each time I go to someone's house, I have to re-learn how to get access to the damned water... And how to get the balance between hot and cold. When I buy a house, I'm going to make the taps operable only by mind control.
  • Wi-Fi... Don't get me started. I love the way there's articles about how wi-fi is going to kill off the mobile phone networks. As if! I've had wi-fi at home for ages and now at work, and it drives me completely mental with all the dropping out and reconnecting. Has anyone ever tried to make a Skype call via a wi-fi network? No? That's cos you can't, you cahnt. Anything continuous is a waste of time - like when i try to FTP website updates for clients. Give me a piece of CAT-5 cable any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home