Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mac vs PC: The road to victory? Pffft.

So Apple want us to believe that Macs are just better than PCs.
I love these blanket statements... They do really well at making brands sounds really out-of-touch. This campaign wont convert PC owners, it just makes Apple look desperate.

I'm not a PC-head or anything... I just don't like these ads. I normally enjoy Apple's advertising, but this campaign is bollox.

It seems to me just think they're missing the point. Mac users are growing, and for the first time it's nothing to do with the PC market growth... Shouldn't they focus on what it is to be Mac and not be seen to lower themselves like this? I think so.

my rebuttal.

viruses:
there aren't viruses for macs cos no-one owns them. more macs will mean more viruses. simple.

restarting:
the mac users i know restart as much as me.

better:
pfft... subjective crap. whatever.

ilife:
um... what if there are other/better apps outside the mac suite. diversity is an important part of the web that macs fanatics miss out on.

network:
pcs are pretty good at connecting to other stuff now. in fact, pcs are better at the broadest connection of all - the web.

wsj:
cool. they bought 1 journalist. ace. lets make an ad and claim that what 1 person thinks matters.

2 Comments:

Blogger sam court said...

fair play, but i reckon it's kinda hard to say that macs are just flat out more secure. bit hard to decouple things. like, windows would probably seem more secure if people weren't constantly trying to hack it.

so, yeah, it probably is more secure than windows. i'm not really disputing that... just mentioning that a lack of viruses doesn't prove anything.

9:25 am  
Blogger Nate said...

You know how I know you're gay?

(They're pretty uninspiring, but I'm not a mum and dad with a digital camera whose daughter has an iPod. It's fine. Tells them what they need to hear)

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home